Gambling & Lottery Policy
Laws vary from state to state concerning the marketing and possession of slot machines. Slot machines are permitted for sale in the MarketStop MarketPlace, however, there are stipulations from state to state, even for private, at-home use. Therefore, it is obligatory that all merchants and buyers adhere to the pertinent laws of their prospective states. Age and range of capabilities of slot machines are also taken into account from state to state.
Permitted Listings Model (All states, buying or selling)
- Non-functional slot machines exclusively used for display or as toys
- Non-coin operated slots that accept no money and do not generate payouts
- Coin operated slots that have been altered to accept no money and do not generate payouts
Conditional Allowances Model
- Slot machines allowed for market in the merchant’s and buyer’s jurisdictions or areas of authority
Prohibited Listings Model
- Lottery tickets
- Coin-operated slot machines or those that can be converted for illegal use
- Slot machines prohibited for use or market in the merchant’s or buyer’s jurisdictions or areas of authority
Other Related Material
What is the reason for this Marketstop policy?
State laws vary from state to state concerning slot machines. This policy is in place for customer and merchant awareness so that no one is selling from or to places they shouldn’t be selling in compliance with said state laws or regulations.0