Pyramid Schemes, Matrix Programs, Multi-Level Marketing Policy
Pyramid Schemes are just that … schemes. Since they are illegal and/or regulated, much due to how they feed on the naive, gullible, and vulnerable, they now go by many different names, like “Matrix Schemes,” and the “professional” sounding moniker, “Multi-Level Marketing.” These programs are prohibited from functioning and operating in the MarketStop MarketPlace.
Prohibited Listings Model
- Online list randomizers
- Online payment randomizers
- Pyramid Schemes and the like
- Advertisements for Pyramid Schemes (a form of investment (illegal in the US and elsewhere) in which each paying participant recruits two further participants with returns being given to early participants using money contributed by later ones)
- Advertisements for Ponzi Schemes (fraudulent investment operations where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources)
- Advertisements for Matrix Schemes (also known as a matrix sale or site, and as a hellevator, escavator or ladder scheme) is a business model involving the exchange of money for a certain product with a side bonus of being added to a waiting list for a product of greater value than the amount given)
- Advertisements for Multi-Level Marketing (encourages existing distributors to recruit new distributors by paying the existing distributors a percentage of their recruits’ sales. The recruits are the distributor’s “downline”)
Other Related Material
- Learn more about these sometimes-illegal and potentially life-destroying scams here: Investopedia
What is the reason for this MarketStop policy?
We encourage our valued members, consumers and merchants alike, to follow the rule of law. This helps maintain safety in our community.0